2013. december 4., szerda

The History of Demecser

Nihil recte sine exemplo docetur aut discitur...

In Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg country. The seal of the Local Authority of the Town of Demecser: Shield shaped, the Seal is divided into three major sections.On the upper left white section there stands a black contoured faint yellow water tower with two green trees in the front. On the upper right section there're three yellow wheat ears on a green background. The bottom section of the Seal is a fish-shaped area, inside there's a brown fish swimming left. Over this area there's a strong, black line. The Seal is encircled by golden olive branch on the left and golden oak-branch on the right. The two branches are tied up together by the bottom by a golden ribbon. The village of Demecser is located at a distance of 25 kilometres northeast of Nyíregyháza, in an area where the regions of Közép-Nyírség and Rétköz meet. It is accesssbile on a minor road branching off from trunk road No. 4 at Székely. The Budapest-Záhony main railway line runs through the settlement.As it is attested by numerous archeological finds the area of contemporary Demecser was inhabited as early as ancient times. The village is registered by archeologists and museologists as a place of the earliest finds of the so called ’Great Plain linear patterned pottery’. The patterns are mostly engravings of simple geometrical forms, but examples representing the later Körös-Szamos area painted pottery were also found. The name of the settlement was first mentioned in a document around 1261-1267, according to which in the vicinity of the village of Kék Governor Sándor Kárászi purchased an estate called Kendemecher. As it is attested by some other sources the name of the settlement first occured in a deed of gift of approximately 1270-1272, according to which King Stephen V bestowed the settlement on Sándor Kárászi.Due to a decision brought by the Palatine in 1331, Miklós, the son of Sándor Kárászi lost part of the village; it is also known that his brother had the intention of selling the other part of the village to a man called Pál Magyar. István, a member of the Kállay branch of the Balogh-Semjén clan registered a protest against this intention on the grounds of owning the settlement himself. In spite of this fact it seems to be certain that eventually Pál Magyar was able to purchase the village of Demecser, with the surrounding swamps and 30 fish ponds for an amount of 400 silver forints. The stone building of the village church, which was constructed to honour St. George existed as early as this period. In 1354 Demecser was given to Erzsébet, the daughter of Pál Magyar, as part of her dowry.The 15th century brought a change in the history of Demecser. It was in this period that the settlement obtained the right to hold fairs and it was raised to the rank of market town. In 1415 Demecser as well as its outer fields were obtained by the members of the Czudar family.Demecser was a market town from 1460 to 1886. Its right to hold fairs was first mentioned in a document of 1466. It can be concluded form the date that these privileges were most likely to have been given to the settlement by King Mathias. Bessénytanya, Bodótanya, Borzsovatanya, Fekete-tanya, Idatanya, Kolbárttanya, Vártanya, Verestanya, Fellegvártanya, Kistanya were also parts of Demecser in this period. The owners of the settlement were the members of the Várady and Kállay families.According to the tax register of 1556 Demecser had 32 tax paying households, so the number of inhabitants is estimated to have been about 160-165 people. In 1588 there were 93 serfs in the village and they belonged to the members of the Várady family. Due to the swamps of Rétköz the area was relatively sparsely populated because people could only settle down at some heights. In 1611, when the male branch of the Várady family died out members of various nobiliary families claimed the right to Demecser. In the middle of the 17th century István Lónyay was one of its owners and he was given the right of ownership of part of the village by the palatine.Others obtained parts of the settlement by right of mortgage. There were times when part of the village was a royal possession.The census of 1720 registered 14 units of land held in villeinage, two dry mills and three water mills in the village.In the period of the liberation of the serfs the members of the Barkóczy and the Jósa families owned the village. It was only later that other families, including the Pazonyi, Szabó, Györy, Cseepey, Vay and Répássy families came into the ownership of smaller or of larger estates in the area. The number of Demecser’s inhabitants in that period was 839, the size of its ploughlands was 244 acres, and the rest of the village’s outer fields was pastures and fishing ponds. In 1870 there were 220 houses at Demecser and the number of its inhabitants reached 1385. The area of the settlement was 6467 acres then.By the census of 1900 the village had 226 houses and 2021 inhabitants. Due to the rise of capitalism the number of Demecser’s inhabitants further increased at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. It was also the period when the Tisza river got regulated, a network of canals was constructed in the eastern half of the country, the Nyíregyháza-Ungvár railway line opened, and in connection with the rising popularity of pickled cabbage production, cooperage and starch production developed.Local economy thrived in this period and it had a beneficial influence on village life and society.In 1931 the number of village houses was 538 and the number of Demecser’s inhabitants reached 4,000. A seven-classroom school operated in the village and by their religious affiliations the inhabitants formed Roman Catholic, Calvinist and Israelite congregations. It was also in the 1930s that some local roads were constructed, others got paved. These roads link Demecser to the neighbouring settlements. After the world war the development of Demecser was blocked by the politics of artificial centralisation and its straight outcome, disproportionate development. The development of Nyíregyháza was prioritised in this period and the nearby Záhony also played a special role. The number of inhabitants was still on the rise in this period and the settlement gained its present-day size in the 1960s and 1970s.In the meantime politicians became increasingly aware of the disadvantages of the politics of centralisation and due to this change Demecser has acquired a new role as the centre of the Rétköz region. From the mid-70s onward a slow but steady development started in the village.As of April 15, 1973 the local governments of Demecser and of the nearby village of Székely joined and the settlement was raised to the rank of township. In 1977 the village of Kék also joined in.In 1975 a wool-spinning factory was established in Demecser, thus the proportion of industry and the number of industrial employees increased in the region. Demecser became a regional centre of 10 villages, for 20,000 inhabitants, who worked in two factories, an agricultural cooperative as well as in service industries and various government institutions.The political and social democratisation and the establishment of a market-oriented economy created the possibilities for civil development. This development coincides with new ownerships and this change has also created some conflicts and social tensions in local industry, agriculture, trade and services as well.The local agricultural cooperative ceased to exist. The two factories- the distillery and the textile factory- were privatised and due to this change they lost their former markets.Their activities narrowed down and they had problems with their competitors, too. The factory owners changed on several occasions but none of them could stabilise the economic status of the factories .These hardships in local industry resulted in rocketing unemployment figures and subsistence worries all obver the settlement.In spite of these difficulties from 1990 to 1994 the local gas network was constructed, the heating system of public institutions was modernised, and many village roads were paved.

 יכול לומר אשר נשבע ה' לאבותינו לתת לנו ואם היתה אמו מישראל מביא וקורא וכשהוא מתפלל בינו לבין עצמו אומר אלהי אבות ישראל וכשהוא בבית הכנסת אומר אלהי אבותיכם ואם היתה אמו מישראל אומר אלהי אבותינו: ישראל אומר אלהי אבותינו
חסידים ואנשי מעשה היו מרקדים לפניהם באבוקות של אור שבידיהן ואומרים לפניהן דברי שירות ותושבחות והלוים בכנורות ובנבלים ובמצלתים ובחצוצרות ובכלי שיר בלא מספר על חמש עשרה מעלות היורדות מעזרת ישראל לעזרת נשים כנגד חמשה עשר שיר המעלות שבתהלים שעליהן לוים עומדין בכלי שיר ואומרים שירה ועמדו שני כהנים בשער העליון שיורד מעזרת ישראל לעזרת נשים ושני חצוצרות בידיהן קרא הגבר תקעו והריעו ותקעו הגיעו למעלה עשירית תקעו והריעו ותקעו הגיעו לעזרה תקעו והריעו ותקעו היו תוקעין והולכין עד שמגיעין לשער היוצא מזרח הגיעו לשער היוצא ממזרח הפכו פניהן למערב ואמרו אבותינו שהיו במקום הזה אחוריהם אל היכל ופניהם קדמה והמה משתחוים קדמה לשמש ואנו ליה עינינו ר' יהודה אומר היו שונין ואומרין אנו ליה וליה עינינו: : די שטאָט ניíרבאָגדáני ° פֿאַר די יידן האט שוין די 1770 סענסוס אַרייַנגערעכנט. די אידישע קהילה אין 1869 דערקלערט זיך ווי ארטאדאקס , געווארן פרייַ פון 1880 טאָ1 . דער קהילה האט טשעווראַ קאַדיסáדזשאַ , גמרא תורה, העדעראַ , און די הילף פון די מיקוועה ווי געזונט.
דער ערשטער וועלט מלחמה שלאַכט פון 10 דעמעקסער אידן געשטארבן אַ העלד ס טויט. די 1930 ס איז געווען פאָלקס צווישן די יונגע מענטשן פון ציוניזם , אויף 6 אַלייאַהעד .
אין 1941, וועגן 80 יונג מענטשן פֿאַר געצווונגען אַרבעט . אין 1942 , אַ פרייטיק אָוונט , די גענדאַרמעס געלט אין דער שול . אַלע זענען באשטעטיקט , דעמאָלט איינער ינטערסעססאָרס ערעסטיד . גלייך נאָך די פסח דעמעקסער אידן האט צו צוריקציען צו דער שול . אַלעמען נאָר וואַן פֿאַר זיך אין אַ קליין טשעמאָדאַן . א ביסל טעג שפּעטער די אונגעריש גענדאַרמעריע קאַרץ שטעלן די אידן , און עסקאָרטיד זיי וואַרדזשúלאַפּאָסראַ ווו ניט עסן אדער וואַסער אדער היגיענע איז ניט . די גענדאַרמעריע איז די לעצטע פּלאַץ פון איר זוכט פֿאַר פאַרבאָרגן וואַליאַבאַלז , ניט ספּערינג ניט פרוי אדער מענטש. א ביסל טעג איידער שאַווואָט עמטיד די פאַרם, און אַלע זענען טראַנספּאָרטאַד צו אוישוויץ .
די שטאָט איז געווען די לעצטע רבי נפֿתּלי אַסאַל . חסידישער יעשיוואַ מיינדאַד רבי אויך אַפּערייטאַד אין דעם דאָרף. אין זיין סערווייווינג אַרבעט מאַטאַראַ אויף שבת , שבת געזעצן און אַגגáדיקוס אַספּעקץ פון די אָפּמאַך .
די 10 יונגע מענטשן געצווונגען אַרבעט און טויט לאַגער דרייַ מענטשן און אַ ביסל פרויען סערווייווד . די בייס - וילעם איז געפונען יבערקערן. די שול איז געווען אין חורבות, דעם אָרון פֿון דעם בונד איז צעבראכן צו ברעקלעך, די תורה סקראָולז זענען ניט נייַעס , עס איז געווען ניט אפילו אש . די סערווייווערז געפרוווט צו ריאָרגאַנייז די אידישע קהילה . לויט צו די 1949 סענסוס , 18 יזראַעליטáרóל שטיק פון נייַעס , אָבער , לויט צו אנדערן יבערבליק זענען 13 מיטגלידער פון דער ייִדיש קהל. דער קהילה אויפגעהערט צו עקסיסטירן אין דער ווייַטער יאָרצענדלינג. סלאָולי אַלע די אידישע לינקס, אין 1963 די ייִדיש דאָרף איז ניט מער לעבעדיק.דעמעקסער דורך די סזéקעלי אָפּטייל צו שטעלן אַראָפּ די ביקס, בשעת די מזרח צו אונגארן ינפלאַקס פון רומעניש טרופּס פון די מערב, געפירט דורך די יידן קאַן-קאָהן בעלאַ רויט אַרמי קעגן פון הינטער ... אין אונגארן, אונגעריש טרופּס, אידן זענען קעגן פון הינטער ... ווי האט איר טראַנסילוואַניאַ און פּאַרטיום רומעניע אין 1920, די טריטי פון טריאַנאָן, אפילו ווען די 1918 מאי 7 איז באזירט אויף די בוקארעשט שלום מיט די מלחמה און גאַט שלום?

Munkaszolgálatosok:

Név: Brown Emeri
Szül. hely: Demecser
Szül idő: 1921
Tábor/Tartózkodási hely/Cím:
Ukrajna
Információforrás:
eydut


Név: Farkas Éliás
Szül. hely: Demecser
Munkásszázad:
108/26
Információforrás:
POR


Név: Farkas Lajos
Szül. hely: Demecser
Munkásszázad:
8/2


Név: Glück Ernő
Szül. hely: Demecser
Munkásszázad:
261/7
Információforrás:
8749


Név: Glück Miksa
Szül. hely: Demecser
Tábor/Tartózkodási hely/Cím:
Ukrajna
Munkásszázad:
105/2
Információforrás:
POR


Név: Grósz Jenő
Szül. hely: Demecser
Szül idő: 1919
Tábor/Tartózkodási hely/Cím:
Schachendorf / Csajta


Név: Leichtmann Endre
Szül. hely: Demecser
Tábor/Tartózkodási hely/Cím:
Lengyelország
Munkásszázad:
101/95
Információforrás:
POR


Név: Schwarcz László
Szül. hely: Demecser
Munkásszázad:
107/307
Információforrás:
POR


Név: Schwarcz Pál
Szül. hely: Demecser
Munkásszázad:
101/307
Információforrás:
POR

Read no history: nothing but biography, for that is life without theory...

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése