2019. november 29., péntek

Angol közhelyek

A légynek sem tudna ártani.     He wouldn’t say boo to a goose.
A lényeg a következő:     The main point is the following:
A szavamat adom.     I give my word.
A te érdekedben     For your benefit
A te javaslatod alapján.     On the basis of your proposal.
A tudás hatalom.     Knowledge is power.
Ábrándozó természetű.     He has his head in the clouds.
Akár hiszed, akár nem.     Believe it or not.
Akármibe fogadom.     I can bet any amount.
Aki korán kel, aranyat lel.     The early bird catches the worm.
Akkor viszlát.     So long then.
Alszik, mint a bunda.     It is sleeping like a log.
Amennyire én tudom.     So far as I know.
Amennyire én tudom…     For all I know…
Ami engem illet….     For my part…
Ami késik, nem múlik.     All is not lost that is delayed.
Apropó…     As to point…
Az egy nehéz időszak volt.     That was a difficult period of time.
Az élet nem fenékig tejfel!     Life is not roses all the way!
Az élet nem habos torta!     Life is not a bed of roses!
Az elkövetkező években is.     For many years to come.
Az Isten szerelmére!     For God’s sake!
Az utóbbi években.     In the last couple of years.
Balek vagyok.     I’m a pushover.
Baromság, süket duma.     It’s a lot of bullshit.
Becsajozott.     He hooked up.
Benne vagy a slamasztikában.     You are in a wrong box.
Benne van a slamasztikában.     He is in deep water.
Bizonyos mértékig.     Up to a point.
Bocs, hogy késtem!     Sorry for my coming late!
Brávó!     That’s the spirit!
Csak nyugodtan, ráérsz!     Take your time!
dereng már neki valami     dawn on sg
Derült égből.     Out of blue.
Döntést hozni     To make a decision


Ebbe most ne menjünk bele!     Don’t get me started on that!
eddig minden rendben ment.     So far so good.
Édesszájú vagyok.     I have a sweet tooth.
egész végig     all along
Égnek áll a haja tőle.     It makes his hair stand on end.
Égnek állt tőle a hajam.     It made my hair stand on end.
Egy pillanat alatt.     Before you know.
Egyáltalán nem. – Nincs mit.     Not at all
egyébként     by the way
Egyelőre     For the time being
Egyelőre.     For the time being.
Egyszer élünk.     We only live once.
Együtt erősebbek vagyunk.     Jointly we are stronger.
Ejtsük a témát.     Let’s drop the subject.
Elég jó     Fair enough
Elegem van belőle!     I’m fed up with him!
Elegem van ebből!     I’m sick and tired of it!
Elegem van ebből!     I’m fed up with it!
Elnézést, hogy háborgatlak!     Sorry to bother you!
Elsietni egy döntést     To rush a decision
Emlékeket felidézni.     To recall the memories.
Értsd, ahogy akarod!     Take that in the sense you like!
Ez a kés nem akar vágni!     This knife won’t cut!
Ez egy szélhámos!     He is a cowboy-builder!
Ez egyszerűen nem mehet így tovább!     It simply can’t go on like this!
Ez holtbiztos!     It’s dead sure!
Ez mindennek a teteje!     That beats anything!
Ez nagyon fontos kérdés.     It is a burning question.
Ez nekem magas!     This beats me!
Ez nekem magas!     That’s over my head!
Ez nekem teljesen kínai.     It’s all Greek to me.
Ez nem egy nagy valami!     It’s not a rocket science!
Ez nem egy nagy valami!     It’s not a brain surgery!
Ez nem vall rád!     It’s not like you
Ez önmagáért beszél.     It speaks for itself.
Ez rád is vonatkozik!     This goes for you too.
Ez régimódi     It’s behind the times.
Ezer éve nem láttalak.     I haven’t seen you for ages.
Ezt senki nem veszi be neked.     Nobody will buy that.
Fejezzük be, aztán menjünk haza!     Let’s call it a day and go home!
Fel a fejjel!     Chin up!
Fel a fejjel!     Cheer up
Feldobta a talpát, elpatkolt.     He kicked the bucket.
Felfrissítsem a memóriádat?     Shall I refresh your memory?
Feltéve, ha…     Provided that…
fut valaki után     run after somebody
Fűbe harap.     He bites the dust.
Gondolatolvasó vagy.     You are mind reader.
Ha nem tudnád…     In case you don’t know…
Ha szükséged lenne rám…     In case you need me…
Hagyd már abba!     Knock it off!
Hagyj békén!     Stop bothering me!
Hagyjál békén!     Leave me alone!
Halál komolyan mondom.     I’m deadly serious.
Halálra dolgozom magam.     I’m working myself to death.
Hallgat a szívére.     He follows his heart.
Hallgatni arany.     Silence is golden.
Halvány gőze sincs.     He has no clue.
harc közben veszti életét     die in one’s boots
Használd a fejedet!     Use your loaf!
Hazakísérlek.     I walk you home.
hébe-hóba.     Once in a blue moon.
Helyesen cselekedett.     He did the right thing.
Higgadt, megőrzi a hidegvérét.     He is Cool as cucumber.
Hogy érted ezt?     What do you mean?
Honnan tudhatnám?     How could I know?
Honnan tudjam?     How should I know?
Honnan tudod?     How do you know?
hőemelkedése van     run a fever
Hulla részeg.     He is dead drunk.
Hülyének nézel?     Do you see any green in my eye?
Ide-oda csapong.     He blows hot and cold
Ígérd meg!     Cross your heart!
Ítéletidő volt.     It was raining cats and dogs.
Itt valami nem stimmel nekem.     I smell a rat.
Javában folyik a tárgyalás.     The negotiation is in full swing.
Javíts ki, ha nincs igazam!     Correct me if I’m wrong!
Jó étvágyat!     Enjoy your meal!
Jó hírét kelteni valaminek.     To spread good reputation on something.
Jó neked! örülj neki!     Good for you!
Jó úton járok.     I’m on the right track.
Jobb később, mint soha.     Better late than never.
Jobb későn, mint soha.     Better late than never.
Jobban teszed, ha eltűnsz!     You’d better clear out!
jól áll neked     It suits you
Jól van, na! Nem kell leharapni a fejem!     You don’t have to jump down my throat!

Két legyet üt egy csapásra.     He kills two birds with one stone.
Két tűz között.     Between two fires.
Ki tudja?     Who knows?
Kitaláltad.     You’ve got it.
Kívülről, betéve, könyv nélkül     By heart
Kizökkent a gondolatmenetéből.     He lost his train of thought.
Könnyű azt mondani.     Easier said than done.
Köszörüli a torkát.     He is clearing his throat.
Különös módon…     Oddly enough…
Lakott terület.     Built-up area.
Lassan, de biztosan.     Slowly but surely.
Látogatást tenni egy barátnál.     To pay a visit to a friend.
Le a kalappal!     Hats off!
Le vagyok égve, egy vasam sincs.     I’m broke.
Legalábbis.     At least.
Légvonalban.     As the crow flies.
Lehet benne valami.     There may be something in it.
lelkiismeret furdalás     pangs of conscience
Leragad a szemem.     I’m getting sleepy.
Letagadhatna a korából.     She doesn’t look her age.




Mára elég lesz. Fejezzük be.     Let’s call it a day.
Meg tudlak érteni, értelek.     I see your point.
Meg vagyok értve?     Do I make myself clear?
Meggondolta magát.     He changed his mind.
Megnehezíteni valakinek az életét.     He gives someone a hard time.
Megőrjítesz.     You drive me crazy.
Megtalálni az arany középutat.     To find the golden mean.
Megtenne egy szívességet?     Would you do me a favour?
megtöri a csendet     break the silence
Menj a csodába, hagyj békén.     Go fly a kite.
Mennem kell.     I must be off.
Mérges vagyok rád.     I’m angry with you
Meztelenül állt ott.     She was standing there in her birthday suit.
Mi közöd hozzá?     What’s that to you?
Mi újság?     What’s going on?
Nap nap után     day in, day out
Minden áron.     At any cost.
Mindenütt jó de legjobb otthon     There is no place like home
Mint derült égből a villámcsapás     Like a bolt from the blue.
Mintha a falnak beszélnék.     It is like talking to a brick wall.
mire gondolsz?     What are you thinking about?
Mit értesz ezen?     What do you mean by that?
Mondd el mit kell tennem!     Tell me what I’m supposed to do!
Most vagy soha.     Now or never.




Na és akkor mi van?     So what?
Na és?     Big deal.
nap-nap után     day after day
Ne csinálj nagy ügyet belőle!     Don’t make a fuss about it!
Ne csinálj nagy ügyet belőle!     Don’t make a fuss over it!
Ne szerénykedj!     Don’t be shy!
Nehéz kijönni vele.     He is very difficult to get on with.
Nekem mindegy.     It doesn’t matter to me
Nekem mindegy.     I don’t mind
Nekem mindegy.     It’s all the same to me
Nem akarok visszaélni a türelmeddel.     I hate to tax your patience.
Nem egészen értelek.     I’m not quite with you.
Nem ez a lényeg.     That is not the point.
Nem fogod megúszni!     You won’t get round it!
Nem fogsz hinni a szemednek!     You won’t believe your eyes!
Nem hiszek a szememnek.     I cannot believe my eyes.
Nem kell aggódnod értem.     You need not worry about me.
Nem minden arany, ami fénylik.     All that glitters is not gold.
Nem számít.     It doesn’t matter.
Nincs harag, szent a béke!     No hard feelings!
Nincs kedvem hozzá     I’m not in the mood
Nincs takargatnivalója.     He has nothing to hide.
Nincs vesztegetnivaló időm.     I have no time to lose.
Nyelvbotlás volt.     It was just a slip of the tongue.
Nyugi!     Keep cool!
OK?     Agreed?
Olyan, mint elefánt a porcelánboltban.     She is like a bull in a china shop.
Ő viszi el a pálmát.     He takes the cake.
Örömmel hallom.     I’m glad to hear it.
Össze vagyok zavarodva.     I’m just all over the place.
Összefoglalni a lényeget.     To sum up the point.
Összefut tőle a nyál a számban.     It makes my mouth water.
Pár perc alatt kész vagyok.     I’ll get ready in a few minutes.
Postafordultával.     By return of post.
Ráadásul…     On top of it…
Ráadásul…     What’s more…
Rajtad áll.     It’s up to you.
Remélem nem lesz ellenedre.     I hope you won’t object to it.
Remélem, nem bánod.     I hope you don’t mind.
Rengeteg, számtalan     More than you can shake a stick at




Semmi esetre sem.     On no account!
Semmi közöd hozzá.     It’s none of your business.
Senki nem tudja biztosan.     Nobody knows for certain.
Senki nem tudja biztosan.     Nobody knows for sure.
Soha vissza nem térő alkalom     A now-or-never opportunity
Sosem lehet tudni.     You never know.
Szakad az eső.     It is raining cats and dogs.
Szállj le rólam!     Get off my back!
Szedd össze magad!     Pull yourself together!-
Szedd össze magad!     Pull your socks up!
Szerény véleményem szerint…     In my humble opinion…
Szeretném rád bízni a döntést.     I would like to leave it to your decision.
Szívesen!     You are welcome!
Szó sem lehet róla!     Nothing doing!
Szolgáld ki magad!     Help yourself!
Szóra sem érdemes!     Don’t mention it!
Tanuld meg kívülről!     Learn it by heart!
Tanulj meg járni, mielőtt futni próbálsz.     Learn to walk before you try to run.
Te ugratsz engem.     You are pulling my leg.
Tegyük fel…     Let’s assume…
Teljesen odavagyok érte.     I’m all over him.
Teljesen részeg     Blind drunk
Torkig vagyok veled.     I’m sick of you!
Tőled függ.     It all depends on you.
Tőled függ.     It’s up to you.
Törd a fejed!     Rack your brain!
Törődj a saját dolgoddal!     Mind your own business!
törtető     elbow-worker
Tűnj a szemem elől.     Get out of my face.


Úgy dohányzik, mint a gyárkémény.     He smokes like a chimney.
Úgy hiányzik, mint púp a hátamra.     I need it like a hole in the head.
Úgy úszik, mint a nyeletlen fejsze.     She swims like a brick.
Úgy vitték, mint a cukrot!     It was sold like hot cakes!
újra meg újra     over and over again
Undorodom tőle, hánynom kell tőle.     It makes me sick.
Valami gyanús dolog történik.     There is something fishy going on.
Valami nem stimmel velem.     There is something wrong with me.
Rablás fényes nappal     Daylight robbery
Van valami furcsa a tekintetedben.     There is a funny look in your eyes.
Végül is…     After all…
Végül, de nem utolsó sorban.     Last but not least.
Végül, de nem utolsó sorban.     Last but not least.
Véletlenül.     By chance.
Versenyt futnak az idővel.     They are racing against time.
Vigyázz magadra!     Take care
Viszontlátásra!     See you later!

how are you?     hogy vagy?
how's it going?     mi a helyzet? (közvetlen)
how are you doing?     hogy vagy? (közvetlen)
how's life?     mi van veled? (közvetlen)
how are things?     hogy mennek a dolgaid? (közvetlen)
I'm fine, thanks     jól vagyok, köszönöm
I'm OK, thanks     minden rendben van velem, köszönöm
not too bad, thanks     nem túl rosszul, köszönöm
alright, thanks     rendben, köszönöm
not so well     nem túl jól
how about you?     és veled mi van?
and you?     és te?
and yourself?     és te magad?

what are you up to?     mit csinálsz?
what have you been up to?     mit csináltál?
working a lot     sokat dolgozom
studying a lot     sokat tanulok
I've been very busy     nagyon elfoglalt voltam
same as usual     mint általában
not much vagy not a lot     nem sok
I've just come back from …     épp most jöttem vissza …

Ice breakers

    What's your name?
    What are you here for?
    What do you think of my artificial voice?
    I can understand you. It just takes me longer to answer.
    Don't be afraid to ask me questions.
    Can you understand me OK?
    Tell me about yourself.
    Where do you work?
    Where do you live?
    Where are you going?
    What have you been up to?
    Did you have a good weekend?

(2) Idiomatic formula comments

    Good morning.
    Have a nice day.
    Hello.
    Goodbye.
    Thank you.
    Excuse me.
    Please.
    You look great (sad, tired).
    Ouch!
    Watch out.
    Ooops!
    I'm sorry.
    See you later.
    Hi.
    Just a minute.
    Pardon me.
    Fine, how are you.
    Goodnight.
    What's up/what's new?
    How are you doing?
    How's it going?
    No, thanks.
    You're welcome.

(3) Humorous comments

    Is that your real voice?
    That's easy for you to say.
    Who programmed this voice machine?
    That was the voice machine talking, not me.
    Sssss, I was trying to whistle.

(4) Slang expressions

    You wanna bet.
    That's crazy.
    Bummer.
    It's the pits.
    Bug off.
    Bummed out.
    Get off my case.
    Quit your bitchin'.
    Tough toenails.
    Go jump in the lake.
    You're pulling my leg.
    You're kidding.
    You better believe it.
    Sit on it.
    What a joke.

(5) Summoners (Requests for Information)

    Am I right or wrong?
    Any particular reason?
    Are we still going?
    Are you glad?
    Could I take these with me?
    Did it hurt?
    Did you get my message?
    Didn't it come?
    Do you agree?
    Do you want me to?
    How can I get ahold of you?
    How did I do?
    How did it turn out?
    How do you know?
    How long?
    How much more is there?
    How much will it cost?
    How much?
    How will you know?
    How's that?
    I want to know what it is.
    Is it okay?
    Is she coming?
    Is there anything I can do?
    Isn't that the right thing to do?
    Isn't there any way?
    Just answer my question.
    Should I take it?
    Tell me how much.
    Tell me what you are doing.
    That doesn't answer my question.
    Was there something else?
    Were are you going?
    What am I doing?
    What are you doing?
    What are you going to do next?
    What are you going to do tonight?
    What are you looking for?
    What are you talking about?
    What are you trying to do?
    What caused it?
    What could possibly happen?
    What did it say?
    What did she say?
    What did you come up with?
    What do I do now?
    What do you have to do?
    What do you think of it?
    What do you want?
    What does that mean?
    What else is on?
    What happened this time?
    What happened to you?
    What happens afterwards?
    What is it?
    What is the next plan?
    What is wrong?
    What kind is it?
    What kind of shows are on?
    What then?
    What was the last time that happened?
    What were they?
    What's going on?
    What's that?
    What's that doing in here?
    What's that?
    What's the score?
    What's this one for?
    When will I see you next?
    Where are they?
    Where can I get it?
    Where do I go?
    Where is everyone?
    Where is it?
    Where were you?
    Which one is it?
    Who called?
    Why are you concerned?
    Why did they go to all that trouble?
    Why did you get so many?
    Why don't you go?
    Why won't you be there?
    Will I be able to get another one?
    Will it hurt?
    Will you be here?
    Would you?
    You don't mind?
    You really believe that?

(6) Temporal Markers

    A little more often.
    A long time ago.
    About a week.
    All the time.
    Any minute now.
    Are we finished yet?
    As fast as I can.
    As soon as possible.
    At lunch.
    Before dinner.
    Before I go.
    Before I go on.
    Before you go.
    Can I give you my final decision later?
    Can you do it real quick?
    Come back later.
    Didn't you do it yesterday?
    Don't bother about that right now.
    Either today or tomorrow.
    For a while.
    For good.
    Get me up earlier.
    Give me a few minutes.
    How fast can you do it?
    How fast?
    How long ago?
    How long did it take?
    How long do you think it will be?
    How long does it take?
    How long will it take.
    How often can I get it?
    How often do you do this?
    I already did.
    I am ready.
    I came early.
    I can't wait that long.
    I didn't get it done.
    I haven't yet.
    I might check that out tomorrow.
    I remember the last time I did that.
    I still have time.
    I still haven't eaten yet.
    I used to.
    I want it to be over.
    I want to hurry up.
    I was on time.
    I'll be right back.
    I'll be waiting.
    I'll do that now.
    I'll wait.
    I'm all done.
    I'm almost finished.
    I'm finished.
    I'm finished for tonight.
    I'm waiting for it.
    If there is time.
    If time allows.
    It doesn't seem fast enough.
    It happened again.
    It happens every so often.
    It is time to leave.
    It isn't the first time.
    It takes time.
    It will be a while.
    It won't be forever.
    It would take forever.
    It's about time.
    It's time for the show.
    Just for a short while.
    Late at night.
    Maybe later.
    Maybe tomorrow.
    Most of the time.
    No longer.
    Not anymore.
    Not now.
    Not quite yet.
    Now it is.
    Once again.
    Once in a blue moon.
    Once in a while.
    Once or twice.
    Over and over again.
    Please hurry up.
    Sooner or later.
    The last time.
    Then what after this?
    There's not enough time.
    Tomorrow morning.
    Too early for me.
    Wait a minute.
    Wait for the rest of them.
    Wait until tomorrow.
    We have to wait.
    We will do it tomorrow.
    We will get to that later.
    What time am I going?
    What time do you think.
    What time is it?
    What time is it?
    What time is it?
    What time tomorrow?
    What time will you be home?
    What time would I be done?
    What time?
    What time?
    What took you so long?
    When I feel like it.
    When I get done.
    When I want to.
    When I'm ready.
    When is it scheduled?
    When it all took place.
    When we get back.
    When you are here.
    When you come back.
    Why not do it right away?
    You better hurry.

(7) Opinion /Perspective Phrases

    A little better.
    A rather refreshing outlook.
    Absolutely ridiculous.
    "Boy, I'm glad"
    "Boy, that feels good"
    Exceedingly good.
    He can do it.
    I am getting it.
    I blew it.
    I can't figure it out.
    I can't stand it.
    I did okay.
    I didn't mind.
    I didn't really want one.
    I disagree.
    I don't believe it.
    I don't care.
    I don't feel good.
    I don't feel like seeing anybody.
    I don't like it.
    I don't like it anymore.
    I don't like to.
    I don't really care.
    I don't really like it very well.
    I don't remember it being all that hard.
    I don't understand what's going on.
    I enjoyed myself.
    I feel sorry about that.
    I feel the same way about it.
    I felt like a lot.
    I get cranky.
    I get scared to death.
    I had a great day.
    I had a great time.
    I hate it.
    I honestly don't want to do it.
    I hope you're not disappointed.
    I like it better.
    I love it.
    I need it.
    I noticed it.
    I really feel bad.
    I really get off on it.
    I really like it.
    I think he's kind of cute.
    I think that I've had enough.
    I think this is pretty good.
    I was doing excellent.
    I was so glad.
    I'd like to do it.
    I'll get used to it.
    I'm concerned about it.
    I'm doing well.
    I'm embarrassed.
    I'm feeling a little better.
    I'm getting sick of it.
    I'm glad.
    I'm glad that is done.
    I'm going to do the impossible.
    I'm just getting it from all sides.
    I'm nervous.
    I'm not anxious to take any.
    I'm not going to take it.
    I'm not mad at you.
    I'm really disappointed.
    It doesn't make any difference.
    It feels good.
    It feels great.
    It frustrates me.
    It happens to be my favorite.
    It is absolutely ridiculous.
    It is different alright.
    It is just your imagination.
    It is very important.
    It shook me up no end.
    It sounds confusing.
    It sounds good.
    It sounds good to me.
    It still hurts.
    It suddenly becomes important.
    It was no good.
    It was wrong.
    It would be much easier.
    It's amazing.
    It's slightly obvious.
    It's so bad.
    It's such a hassle.
    It's too bad.
    It's weird.
    It's wonderful.
    Its got me bothered now.
    Its not important.
    Just great.
    Just plain good.
    Look out world here I come.
    Makes me mad.
    Nobody seems to understand.
    Pretty ugly huh?
    That hurts.
    That is amazing.
    That isn't fair.
    That makes me laugh.
    That should be hard to do.
    That will be fun.
    That would be great.
    That's all right.
    That's easy.
    That's logical.
    That's my problem.
    That's pretty good.
    That's what I like.
    That's why I feel the way I do.
    That's wonderful.
    Too much for me.
    What a jerk.
    What a turkey.
    When I am tired.
    You will love it.
    I don't honestly even know what's wrong.
    I was so disappointed.
    Kind of tired.
    It's not my cup of tea.
    I'm really having a hard time.
    I'm really worried about it.
    I'm so excited.
    I'm still not hungry.
    I'm too rushed.
    I'm very hot.
    I'm very sleepy.
    I've had it.

(8) Generic Requests Phrases

    Accept my decision.
    Are you coming?
    Are you excited?
    As careful as you can.
    Be very very careful.
    Can I do this?
    Can I get a new one?
    Can I try one?
    Can I use it?
    Check if its right.
    Could I have some?
    Do it.
    Do you have time to play?
    Do you mind?
    Don't complain.
    Don't do that again.
    Don't mess with it.
    Guess what I want?
    Help me out.
    How about it?
    How many more?
    How would you feel?
    I need help now.
    I need it I wonder if I could get a new one.
    I would like you to see.
    I'd like to see it.
    I'll show you what I want.
    Let me.
    Let me go.
    Let me see it.
    Let's do it.
    Let's go.
    Let's play.
    Listen to that.
    Please find out.
    Please get me some.
    Please get out of here.
    So why don't we do that?
    Someone help me.
    This is a request.
    Turn it over.
    Watch out.
    We have to stop.
    We ought to try that.
    When you find out let me know.
    Why don't we do that?
    Why don't you give it to me?
    Why don't you put that away?
    Will you do me a favor?
    Would you come?
    Would you do it?
    You could help a little.
    You'd better come.

(9) Generic Responses Phrases

    Anything's possible.
    Are you crazy?
    Are you serious?
    As far as I'm concerned.
    As much as I can.
    As usual.
    Beats me.
    Believe me it is.
    Blows that theory all to hell.
    Boy do I ever know?
    Can you beat that?
    Come to think about it.
    Don't encourage him.
    Don't make me laugh.
    Don't mess me up.
    Don't worry about it.
    Easy for you to say.
    For all I know .
    Forget about it.
    Give me a break.
    Good idea.
    Have a heart.
    Hey man, you've got a lot of gusts.
    Honest to goodness.
    How about that?
    How could I be mad at you?
    How did you know?
    How do they know?
    I always do.
    I believe it.
    I can handle it.
    I can't.
    I can't answer.
    I can't believe it.
    I can't figure that out.
    I can't help it.
    I can't remember.
    I can't remember anything else.
    I can't tell.
    I can't think of anything.
    I can't understand.
    I certainly did.
    I certainly don't mind.
    I could probably do better.
    I didn't know.
    I didn't realize that.
    I didn't say anything.
    I didn't say it was true.
    I do not have any idea.
    I don't either.
    I don't have any.
    I don't have any idea.
    I don't have much choice.
    I don't have to.
    I don't know.
    I don't know about you.
    I don't know how.
    I don't know which one.
    I don't need it.
    I don't need it anymore.
    I don't really know how.
    I don't really need it.
    I don't really remember.
    I don't think so.
    I don't understand it either.
    I don't want anything.
    I don't want that.
    I don't want to.
    I don't' mean like that.
    I don't' want it.
    I doubt it.
    I forgot.
    I found it.
    I gave my final word.
    I guarantee it.
    I guess.
    I guess not.
    I guess so.
    I hadn't even thought about it.
    I have no idea.
    I haven't noticed any difference.
    I haven't yet.
    I hear you.
    I hope it is.
    I just don't feel like it.
    I just don't think that's true .
    I know.
    I know it.
    I know it's important.
    I know that.
    I know what you mean.
    I know, I don't need to be reminded.
    I promise.
    I really do.
    I really feel I can't do it.
    I really think its long enough.
    I really try.
    I said I was.
    I still have to.
    I suppose so.
    I sure hope so.
    I think it's only fair.
    I think not.
    I think that is unnecessary.
    I think we ought to do that.
    I though it would be good for me.
    I thought I was through.
    I thought so.
    I thought you were going to.
    I told you.
    I told you I don't know.
    I trust you.
    I understand.
    I understand that.
    I was going to.
    I was suppose to.
    I was supposed to.
    I was trying to tell you.
    I will.
    I will still need it.
    I will try harder.
    I wish I knew what happened.
    I wish them luck.
    I won.
    I won't do that.
    I won't guarantee anything.
    I won't let him.
    I wonder.
    I'll ask him.
    I'll check.
    I'll come back.
    I'll deal with it.
    I'll decide later.
    I'll keep an eye on that for you.
    I'll plan on it.
    I'll try.
    I'm afraid I can't change that.
    I'm afraid so.
    I'm doing it anyway.
    I'm game for trying that.
    I'm just making a comment.
    I'm not a child.
    I'm not even sure I want the answers.
    I'm not going anywhere.
    I'm not talking about that.
    I'm not trying to put it off.
    I'm probably going to be sorry.
    I'm still thinking about it.
    I'm suppose to.
    I'm suppose to have.
    I'm sure.
    I've been told.
    I've got no idea.
    I've heard of that.
    If I could I would.
    If you want to.
    Is there any doubt?
    Is there something wrong with that?
    It certainly did.
    It could have been.
    It depends.
    It didn't turn out that way.
    It doesn't matter.
    It has to be.
    It just seems to always happen like that.
    It might work.
    It might work out.
    It really helps.
    It's completely different.
    It's the truth.
    It's up to you.
    Just fine.
    Just looking.
    Kiss my grits.
    Let's not go into that again.
    Let's not take it to extreme limits.
    Let's try again.
    Let's try it.
    Looks like it.
    Makes you wonder.
    Maybe they do.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Never mind.
    Never you mind.
    No joke.
    No way.
    No, I'm not.
    Nobody told me that.
    Not much at all.
    Not usually but in this case.
    Of course.
    Of course I do.
    Oh darn.
    Oh my God.
    Okay gorgeous.
    One never knows.
    Please stop nagging.
    Poor thing.
    She didn't give me that impression.
    So is mine.
    So that's the way it is.
    So what?
    Something like that.
    Sure I am.
    Thank God.
    Thank the Lord for small favors.
    That depends.
    That didn't work.
    That does the trick.
    That is interesting.
    That won't make a difference.
    That's a deal.
    That's all.
    That's an idea.
    That's enough.
    That's got nothing to do with it.
    That's it.
    That's my choice.
    That's my problem.
    That's not right
    That's not the way it works.
    That's okay.
    That's right That's the last resort.
    That's the truth.
    That's the way its always been.
    That's why.
    There is nothing I can do about it.
    There used to be.
    There was something else.
    There's got to be a better way.
    There's got to be another.
    There's no way in the world.
    There's nothing more.
    They do the strangest things.
    They told me that.
    They usually do.
    This is anticipated.
    This is different.
    Unfortunately, yes.
    Want to bet?
    Well it sure feels like it.
    Well it sure looks like it
    Well, I wouldn't know about that.
    What an idea.
    What else am I going to do?
    What luck.
    What other choice do I have?
    Why not?
    Yes, I was.
    Yes, I can.
    Yes, I can do that.
    Yes, you can.
    You are kidding.
    You bet your britches.
    You better not.
    You can come up with something better.
    You can give it to me.
    You can say that again.
    You can try but I doubt it.
    You could not possibly understand.
    You know how it goes.
    You know they do.
    You never know.
    You said you'd try.
    You should have told me.
    You shouldn't have.
    You're not supposed to.
    You've go to be nuts.
    You've got to be kidding.
    What can I do?

(10) Equipment-Related Phrases

    I doesn't work properly.
    I don't know what happened to it.
    I got the same kind of trouble.
    It doesn't work.
    It just doesn't work.
    It works once in a while.
    Rewind the tape please.
    Turn it down a little bit please.
    Turn it off.

(11) Idioms

    Just like a dream.
    Off the deep end.
    Out of the clear blue.
    Practice makes perfect.
    It's not my cup of tea.
    Once in a blue moon.

(12)Location Markers

    Do you know where.
    I am going home.
    I don't have to go.
    I don't know where it is.
    I go the opposite way.
    I had to go back.
    I may not even go back.
    I think I'm ready to go back to bed.
    I want to go.
    I want to stay.
    I'll meet you there.
    I'm going back.
    In my room
    Is he gone?
    Put that here.
    Side by side.
    There's more over there.
    We are going.
    Where is it?
    Where should it be?

(13) Conversation Control Phrases

    All I'm trying to say is…
    As I was saying.
    Boy, I'm glad you called.
    But guess what!
    Can I talk to you?
    Change the subject.
    Could you repeat what you said?
    Did you understand?
    Didn't you know that?
    Do you know what he did?
    Do you understand what I mean?
    Explain that to me.
    Guess what I've got.
    Haven't I met you before?
    How about you?
    How about you?
    How are things going for you?
    How come?
    I don't understand your question.
    I don't want to interrupt.
    I forgot to mention.
    I have a great idea.
    I have news.
    I have to go.
    I just remembered.
    I know why.
    I need to explain.
    I really like to talk about it.
    I should explain.
    I want to know.
    I want to show you something.
    I want to talk to you about.
    I was just curious.
    I was just wondering.
    I was saying.
    I will see you.
    I'd better get going.
    I'd better go.
    I'll have to think of a few more questions.
    I'll let you know.
    I'll see you around.
    I'm curious about.
    I'm really glad you dropped by.
    I've got an idea.
    Is it a deal?
    Is that okay?
    Just one comment.
    Just one more thing.
    Let me answer.
    Let me tell you.
    Let me tell you about it.
    Let me tell you what I did.
    Let me tell you why.
    Let's see now.
    Listen to me.
    Over and out.
    Please don't interrupt.
    See you later.
    Tell me about it.
    Thanks for telling me.
    That's all I have to say.
    That's all that's happening.
    There was something else I was going to ask you.
    What are you going to do today?
    What are you talking about?
    What are you trying to tell me?
    What did she say?
    What do you think?
    What do you think about that?
    What happened?
    What is it now?
    What were you about to tell me?
    What's up?
    What's wrong?
    Will I see you later?
    You are not going to believe this.
    You don't have to go.
    You know something?
    You know what I don't understand.
    You know what I think.
    Come right back please.
    Let me tell you why I was upset.

(14) Communication in the hospital

Requests for assistance

suction

pain

change position

bed

chair

up

down

left

right

turn

wipe

bedpan

urinal

medicine

call family

call nurse
   

Expression of feelings

angry

tired

sick

OK

good

better

worse

mad

fed up

lonely

worried


   

Body parts

leg

arm

head

stomach

foot

back

Physical state

hot

cold

hungry

thirsty





(15) Initiations of subject/topic

    What do you think about?
    Tell me about?
    I've been think about?
    Did you know that?
    Did you see?
    I would like to?
    I think that?
    I've been meaning to tell you.
    By the way.
    I'd rather…
    Someday I want to.

(16) Topic continuations

    And then...
    Keep going.
    Right.
    Oh yeah.

(17) Feedback to encourage and discourage comments

    I agree.
    That's right.
    I don't doubt that.
    I'm sure that's right.
    You're right about that.
    You're kidding.
    I don't agree.
    Do you really think so?
    I don't think so.
    I doubt that.
    I'm not so sure.
    Who said so?
    You're wrong about that.
    How do ya' know?
    You missed the boat.

(18) Communication repairs/corrections

    What do you mean?
    You misunderstood.
    Wait, let me rephrase that.
    No, I meant something else.
    I don't understand.
    Excuse me for interrupting.
    Just a minute, let me think about that.
    That's not what I meant.
    No, no, no.
    What did you say?
    Say that again, I missed it.
    I get it.
    I don't get it.
    Who are you talking about?
    Huh?
    Ah, now I see.
    I'm going to start over.

(19) Agreements /Disagreements

    I agree.
    That's right.
    I don't doubt that.
    I'm sure that's right.
    You're right about that.
    You're kidding.
    I don't agree.
    Do you really think so?
    I doubt that.
    I'm not so sure.
    Who said so?
    You're wrong about that.
    How do you know?
    I don't think so.
    That's true.
    That's a possibility.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése